I want to transfer school and I'm an Athlete. What should I do?

Athletic Transfer Rules

Students Assigned a Base School (From Board Policy JI – Student Participation in Interscholastic Athletics)

The Board believes that students should not be allowed to transfer from school to school for the purpose of participating in athletics. To that end, students will be assigned a “base” school for the purposes of athletic participation. The “base” school will be the student’s school of assignment according to the student’s domicile or administrative assignment as determined by GCS in their ninth-grade year or whenever they first enter GCS schools in high school.

Students who attend schools other than their base schools after the beginning of ninth grade and whose transfers were consistent with administrative procedures (JI-P), will not have a 365-day waiting period from the date of enrollment at the non-base school before they are eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics. Students who attend schools other than their base schools after the beginning of ninth grade and whose transfers are not consistent with administrative procedures (JI-P) will have a 365-day waiting period from the date of enrollment at the non-base school before they are eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics.

Haddee Team
Education with Inspiration

Haddee.com